Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Tis the season to get UGLY!



Last weekend I hosted my first ugly sweater party! 
I was a little nervous because my house isn't very big (about 600 sq ft downstairs!), but it ended up turning out great. The ugliest sweater of the night got a $5 Starbucks gift card.
I set up a photo booth in the kitchen complete with props and a wrapping paper background. 


I found the the stick props at Target for $5. The gold frame I found at Goodwill.


I absolutely love these paper snowflakes! There are some great templates for unique paper snowflakes on Pinterest.  I hung them in the window between my kitchen and dining room using silver ribbon.


Technically, the party was BYOB, but I did have a couple bottles of Champagne. We floated frozen cranberries in the glasses to keep it cold. I forgot to take pictures, but this is what they looked like. Once again, another idea I got from Pinterest :)






I didn't put up a Christmas tree this year, so I tried to make up for it by putting lots of other decorations around the house. These are some of the ones in my living room and dining room.


My roommate made this banner out a piece of rope, clothes pins, and construction paper. I love it!


This is a shelf in my downstairs bathroom. The print in the frame is the lyrics from Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. I really wanted to find a santa hat to put on the owl but I couldn't find one small enough. Next year for sure!


Overall, we had a great time! The one thing I'm going to do differently next year: make everyone take off their shoes! I'm still trying to get mud stains out of my carpet :/ 

Merry Christmas Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment